To all those called to work with sacred Plant Medicines:
PRESS RELEASE: 9 FEBRUARY 2021—
Metanoia Press announces the upcoming publication of Tina “Kat” Courtney’s ” first book in her series Plant Medicine Mystery School Volume 1: The Superhero Healing Powers of Psychotropic Plants. Release is expected in the Spring of 2021. Stay tuned!
We are the warriors of the heart and the children of the Earth, vibrating in the awareness that the only path to salvation is the one anchored to healing and love. We live in a world where the spirits of sacred plants like Mushrooms, Huachuma/San Pedro, Cannabis, Iboga, and Ayahuasca are finally receiving the respect and attention they have always deserved. And while the continued legalization and decriminalization of these medicines is oh-so wonderful, it’s equally necessary that we learn to work with these powerhouse plants in safety and reverence. This is no easy task, given the potency and complexity of each unique plant being.
Plant Medicine Mystery School Volume 1: The Superhero Healing Powers of Psychotropic Plants takes the reader on a deep dive into the entire spectrum of information that the Earth teaches us, highlighting the most prominent (and many of the lesser known) psychotropic plants and their superhero powers. Written by Tina “Kat” Courtney, a woman who has trained for over a decade and a half to learn the ancient shamanic art of indigenous plant medicine ceremonies, this book explores:
- How each psychotropic plant helps to heal and awaken humanity, and their unique personalities and superhero powers
- What healing really means, and how to empower ourselves to take on the task
- How to do ceremonial work in a holy and protected container
- The complex ways entheogens communicate via our subconscious
- The shamanic ideologies that have guarded the medicines for centuries
- What it’s like to be a carrier of the medicines–to sit behind the altar and watch people transform, heal, and awaken, and the miracles that are possible in this work
- And the challenges laid out before the Western world to protect the sanctity of plant medicines while helping them reach the masses
All of us called to this work bear the responsibility of walking the path with integrity and sacredness. This book is the first volume of a multi-part series that takes aim at the colonization of shamanic plant ceremonies, illuminates the awesome power of plant medicines, and empowers everyone called to this work to do so with dignity, protection, and profound and reverent joy.